Sunday, November 11, 2012

Week #13- Question #2- Internet Plagiarism

Because the Internet is so complex, plagiarism is something that is so easy for students to do. The "copy" and "paste" feature on a computer allows for students to plagiarize in seconds. I definitely agree with Sadler in that colleges should stick to their rule and enforce plagiarism. I think it would be crazy for schools to take using a computer and Internet for assignments and go back to to life without it. As technology advances, our schools need to follow to keep up with the times. Our next generations need to be using the Internet. I agree with Sadler in her argument because I think she is more persuasive and uses better examples. I think that schools should stick to using software services to detect plagiarism. But, getting rid of Internet use for assignments would limit the upward mobility of schools. As long as schools stick to their policy and take action when plagiarism is caught, I think that using the Internet is very important.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Daisy Buchanan,

    I agree with you when you say that it is very easy for people to plagiarize on the Internet. Someone could be copying and pasting your exact words on their own blog and that could be hard to find. Schools SHOULD continue to use computers and the Internet, even if there is a chance of plagiarism. Most of my teachers have used turnitin.com to check for plagiarism, so I guess there is some sort of legitimate tracking device. I know that it works because one of my friends thought she could get away with plagiarism, but her teacher caught her.

    ReplyDelete