Monday, December 3, 2012

Our Last Week to Post: #2 - Likes/Dislikes

My favorite part of this class was how easy it is to communicate with our instructor and how consistent the course work is. We knew every that we would have 3 posts and 3 comments every week, a test every few weeks, and 3 group projects. Sticking with the syllabus so closely helped me plan easily and finish my work. My least favorite part of this class was the group projects. Because this is an online course, it was really difficult to get in touch with all the group members and meet up for 3 assignments. Students take online classes for a reason usually because they live out of town or have scheduling conflicts, which means that finding time to get together with a group is difficult. I did not like having a big portion of our grade rely on group work. Maybe if this was a real time course it would have been okay to do group projects in this fashion and weighted heavily, but I really did not care for that structure of our grade. Overall, I really liked this course.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Daisy,

    I agree that the best part of this class is our instructor/professor is very approachable. Doing this online blog and reading others blog helped me to learn more materials from different viewpoints throughout this semester. Also, the other thing I like about this class is I can arrange the time and when to work on what whenever I want. The time is very flexible for all of us. We usually have one assignment and one reading to do each week, and that is pretty much it, except for weeks assignments and exams are due. I also agree with you that the group assignment should not take up the majority of the grade because that does not directly reflect how much we learned in this class.

    Thank you and good luck towards the end of this course!

    Adrian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that all of our work through this course was consistent. Every week we have the same set routine and we were well aware of what we had to submit by the end of the week and how to format our discussions and papers. I also liked how the Professor responded very quickly to emails and would always answer the question when asked. It was a lot of work but it was worth it in the end because I really did learn a lot from this course. I know that the material I learned in this class will help me in my future career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I agree with the consistency of our weekly assignments. It was also great having this blog and just be able to write good discussions about interesting topics. We were also able to contact Prof. Perez so easily and she would reply right away which is just nice because I’ve had a lot of professors who would reply like days after! I have the same for what I disliked about the class, for the same reasons as well. It was just difficult to make our schedules work. Also, it was hard because we didn’t really know each other too well. I know that was kind of a part of the assignment, like to learn how to communicate and work together, but like you said if it was a regular class, it’d be much easier.

    ReplyDelete