Sunday, December 9, 2012

Our Last Posts: #3 - A Concept That Need Clarity


The concept that I would like to have more thorough explanation on is chapter 12 of our textbook. The whole chapter is on science and I didn’t really feel like it should have been a whole chapter of the book. I don’t know if anyone else felt this way but it felt out of place. I get some of the arguments and debate that arise because of the science community, but I don’t think I completely got the clear message about how it directly related to learning critical thinking concepts. I wish that I would have been able to relate the ideas in this chapter to critical thinking because it is what my major will deal with. I will use methodology, experiments, and hypothesis reasoning while in nursing school and once I start my career as a nurse. I just wish I had a better understanding of the main reason for the publisher inserting this chapter into a critical thinking textbook and the importance of it given the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment